Elite Aetheric Wave Disruptor Rifle Mark I


IMG_0072 The Elite Aetheric Wave Disruptor Rifle Mark – I

Well ladies and gentlemen I am pleased to announce that I have finished my work on the Elite Aetheric Wave Disruptor Rifle Mark – I, and will deliver it to the Placer County Fairgrounds tomorrow for participation in the Fair.

With all the problems and roadblocks I ran into while doing this project, I’m surprised it turned out so awesome!


How it works:

The Elite Aetheric Wave Disruptor Rifle Mark – I runs off of 4 D-Cell Batteries that are housed in the main box of the gun.

First: Set firing trigger to the forward position.

Second: Activate the Atheric Coil Capacitors by pressing the left switch forward (The switch with the ‘crystal’ symbol). This will cause the Green LED’s to light up.

Third: Activate the Energy Intermix by pressing the right switch forward (The switch with the ‘Spark’ symbol). This activates the vibration motor mounted in main rifle stock beneath the forward grips.

To Fire: Pull the Trigger. This will ‘Fire’ the weapon by shutting down the LED’s and the  vibration motor. Reset switches for next shot.


History and Construction

I began thinking of this project last year in conjunction with a novel I have been working on. One of the characters is a Gearsmith, a tinkerer and artificer who makes devices of cunning and power. I wanted to get into the mind of the artificer so I decided to make a “Steampunk Rifle” as simply as possible.

First, I have used a limited tool set crafting this project. The only powered tools I used were a drill, a cordless Dremel, and a small hand sander. The rest of the tools, saws, Exacto Knives, etc, are all done by hand. I don’t have a garage or other work room, so most of my crafting has been either outside on the driveway or in my living room / dining room.

The rifle itself runs off of 4 “D-Cell” batteries in the main power box, this powers the green LEDs in the Aetheric Coil Tubes, and the vibration motor mounted along the barrel of the rifle.


Construction / Crafting

Here are some photos showing the construction of the Mark – I in chronological order.


This is the Remington 700 SPS Varmint gunstock I got from the Rocklin Armory. I went into their and asked about buying a gun stock.  I told them about my project and the owner gave me this rifle stock that was “behind the filing cabinet” for free!




These show me carefully removing the inserted plastic grips from the gun stock.



After removing the grips I traced the replacements, cutting them out of leather and stained them.


I lightly sanded the rifle stock all over so that the paint would stick to the plastic. I then painted it with a “Hammered Brown Krylon” Spray Paint. I did overspray a little. Then I painted the trigger guard with “Hammered Antique Bronze Krylon” Spray Paint. This is a picture of the trigger guard and stock after painting.


After the leather grips that I stained dried, I superglued them into the rifle stock like the picture above.


This is the battery box for underneath the gun. I crafted it out of poplar wood with a cherrywood insert. The Sniper “logo” I designed on a computer and then wood burned the logo into the insert.


I spray painted a couple of clamps “Hammered Antique Copper” and attached them to the rifle stock to affix the copper tube for the gun barrel.


I used “Special Dark Walnut” wood stain and polyurethaned the various wood parts before assembling them.


I mounted a vibration motor into the shaft of the rifle stock, having to carve / melt away some of the plastic to make it fit, wedging it in snugly with two small pieces of wood.


Because of the small space in the rifle stock, the electronics were a bit complicated, making sure not to touch bare wires or connections together.


A picture of the assembled electronics with the Aether Tubes (i.e. Green LEDs) working.


A top view of the nearly completed gun minus the barrel.


A nice side view of the nearly completed rifle.


The end of the barrel of the rifle with woodwork, bent copper tubing, leather cord and a couple brass fittings.


A look down the barrel of the rifle.

Some pictures of the final product with a custom display stand I made.